Thursday, January 15, 2009

Walk

I have recently run rather afoul of my landlords for various reasons about which I have various opinions. These issues has been prosecuted in the proxy media of text messages and hand-written notes tapped to my door.

I have also recently been dreading the return of my landlordandlady to the house over which I have enjoyed a comfortable, solitary domain these past few days.

I have additionally also recently contemplated various elaborate evasion schemes by which I can be out of the house or "just heading out!" for the 18 waking hours of day. Unfortunately I don't have that many friends and tempting though the idea is, a full day at the gym is physiologically prohibitive.

Then my landpeople returned this evening. Total avoidance out of the question, I proposed that we have a talk about everything. Tomorrow, because right now I have to leave for the gym. Bye!

Like I said, total avoidance is out of the question.

In lieu of the gym, I took a nice long walk. I made of game of seeing how far I could walk without thinking something negative about someone else. I then tried going without mentally singing Gaston from The Little Mermaid, but I didn't do very well. I spent some time studying an area of wetland which was really interesting, then I unintentionally stalked a guy. On my way home, I returned to the original premise of my walk: not thinking about negative circumstances. And then I realized! You can have a positive attitude about negative things. You can choose to see the best in people, even if they haven't been forthcoming with their virtue.

I am now very much looking forward to our conversation tomorrow, my landlords' and mine. It's an opportunity to better understand and connect with other people. I'll let you know how it goes.

As long as no one dies, you can apologize.