Monday, May 04, 2009

On Audience

This blog is many things: a journal, a biography, a sounding board, an archive. Above all, it is a means of self-expression. The things I choose to express are sometimes personal, sometimes profane, sometimes interesting and sometimes indelicate. The proliferation of information in this Internet Age makes my blog transparent to more of the people in my life-to-date and my life-to-come.

Which raises the question of audience. I do not write this blog for my friends or my family or my colleagues, though I know they all read it. I write this blog for myself. It is a reflection of what I think, how I feel and who I am at the time of writing. I neither appologize nor compromise for my self-expression. If you are uninterested in learning more about me than you care to know, I suggest you take your eyeballs someblog else. And that's all I have to say about that.

You can live in New York, or live in denial.