Friday, November 18, 2005

The Events of My Day: Thursday, November the Seventeenth, Two Thousand and Five

  • Hauled my ass out of bed to register for classes.
  • Hauled my ass out of bed for a fire alarm.
  • Hauled my ass out of bed for a class I didn't attend.
  • Wallowed in my own filth.
  • Tried some learning.
  • Did some laundry.
  • Hauled my ass to rehearsal.
  • Hauled my ass back home to get a costume piece I forgot.
  • Named a thing.
  • My ass hauled me to rehearsal once more.
  • And I hauled it back.
Our show is just now in a condition to begin productive dress rehearsals. The thing is, we open tomorrow. The play's about marriage: maybe we ought to get the audience juiced up on champagne before we start.

The particulars of culture stem from the arbitrary idiosyncrasies of anatomy.